Gear, gear, and more gear! Here are my 2015 recommendations below based on what worked for us. I’ll update it as I have more to add.
There are so many new brands out there now that you aren’t forced to stick with the same old Graco or Chico brands. My top three picks in the stroller department are: PEG PEREGO, BOB (for jogging), and the CITY MINI.
- Peg Perego Book Pop-Up Stroller – Light weight, easy to open and close, maneuvers turns easily, smooth ride for baby, sleek looking
- BOB REVOLUTION FLEX stroller – We have this one and I love it. I have it in PINK and a few have asked where they can get it, but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. It was a gently used gift and has been so perfect for us!
- Jogger City Mini Stroller – I don’t have the City Mini, but every person that I’ve talked to that does, loves it! It would definitely be my second choice behind the PEG. Get the attachment and you can strap in your carseat as well.
- Baby Jogger ‘City Mini’ Double – Twin Mamas, check this stroller out.
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 Infant Carseat – Top safety ratings, fairly light weight, sleek looking, comfortable
- ERGObaby – I had the Bjorn and I’m not overly crazy about it. I’d recommend the ERGObaby over the Bjorn as it is supposed to be much friendlier on your back and body. Plus super comfy and cozy for baby allowing you to put it on your back as well as the traditional front carry.
- Baby Bjorn Carrier – My rating for this would be so-so. It worked for us, was easy to use in the grocery store or a quick trip to Northpark. My only complaint is that it does eventually hurt my back if I keep it on for too long.
- Baby K’tan Breeze Baby Carrier – I used this when MP was a newborn for the first few months. I LOVED it. She refused to nap for 3 months of her life and this contraption was my only saving grace. I highly recommend!
Boppy Newborn Lounger – We loved the lounger. It’s different from the classic “Boppy” in that it is a complete circle rather than a horseshoe shape. You can lay them on it while giving a bottle, place it on your bed for them to lay on while you get ready (when they’re still immobile), or I take mine in the car and use it for different purposes while road tripping.
Baby Delight Snuggle Nest – We used this on Day 1 after coming home from the hospital. My baby was and still is a huge snuggler. We put this in the top of the pack-n-play and it worked like a charm. It helps them feel comforted and snuggled. I’m not a co-sleeper fan, but it would be a good option for that to ensure you don’t roll over on your baby.
Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard – This is the fancy, newer model, but to be honest we have the plain and simple Graco pack-n-play and it works JUST fine. She uses it every day when she goes to the sitter, so it’s lived up to its reputation.
Fisher-Price Rock-n-Play – If your in the market for a ROCK-N-PLAY go ahead and snag this one. This one offers your little one hands free rocking motion at the push of a button with 2 gentle speeds of gentle rocking motion.
Miracle Blanket Swaddle – Quite possibly my greatest recommendation. MP has always been a good sleeper, but would startle herself awake with her arms. Our night nurse recommended this and once we tried it I was saying prayers of thanksgiving!! If you have a stubborn sleeper or a baby that constantly wakes themselves up, this swaddle is worth trying! I’ve tried every swaddle out there and nothing beats this in my opinion. For use from 0-6 months or until they start rolling.
HALO SleepSack 2-in-1– When you need to transition out of the swaddle. This has a 2-in-1 feature that allows you to still swaddle the arms or leave them our if you choose. It hugs their tummy which is comforting as well. We used this from about Months 5 – 7.
HALO SleepSack – No more arm swaddle with this one. Use it when your baby has outgrown the 2-in-1 and is starting to move a lot more. MP is currently using this one and I love it. She’s become a stomach sleeper and has had no problems getting tangled up in it. Hers is cotton so that she stays cool during the summer months. During the winter (Jan-Feb) I’ll switch to the fleece one. It’s super cozy and I’ll use it as long as I feel she needs it.
Evenflo ExerSaucer Triple Fun – GET THIS! Oh my gosh my baby loves this thing. I have it in our room and put her in it while I’m getting ready or whenever I want to lay in bed a little longer. No judging! 🙂 It’s seriously a life saver and she LOVES it (did I mention that already?!) It does take a while to put together, but my handy hubs got it done with no problems.
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo – Favorite thing! I have a baby that could jump all day every day. In my lap, on the bed, in the jumper. I can’t recommend this JUMPEROO enough. It’s also something that takes some effort to put together, but once you do it’s totally worth it. We started her in it around 5 months. Hello baby happiness!!!
Fisher-Price Rain forest – Little gym to lay on. I started putting MP on this when she was 2 months. She quickly realized she could grab for the hanging objects and loved her little gym time. We’ve outgrown it, but I’d definitely recommend for 0-6 months.
Boon Flair Pneumatic Pedestal High Chair – This high chair is AMAZING. Not only does it look fancy and modern, but it slides easily around the kitchen and has a lock feature as well. You can get it in all different colors (pink, blue, orange, lime green). I have the aqua blue.
Dr. Brown’s Bottles – Lots of parts, but no irritating gas bubbles from the bottle. Has worked like a charm for us. I’ve heard many people say, try to stay away from the bottles if you can and honestly I don’t know why. Yes, the parts can be a nuisance, but throw them in the dishwasher every evening for crying out loud. No gas equals happy baby. ‘Nuff said!
NUK Pacifiers – Orthodontist recommended. I gave my baby a pacifier when she was 4 days old and have never looked back. She isn’t obsessed with it, but it does help to calm her down when it’s time to go to sleep.
SHEETS – BLANKETS – TOWELS
4moms mamaRoo – My baby hated it and she’s not the only one based on what I’ve heard from other Moms. She would maybe sit in it for a maximum of 5 minutes and then start crying for me to pick her up. If you’re thinking about this, I’d get the good old fashioned swing. Don’t waste your money on this fancy piece.
Something you think I should add to the list? Let me know!